Sweat, Don’t Stink!
There are many articles on the web discussing whether or not it’s “safe” to use antiperspirants and deodorants. After doing a lot of research, I decided that sweating is an important way to rid the body of toxins. So it’s good to sweat, but the bacteria on the skin can form an unpleasant odor. The armpit area is the main area that the lymphatic system transports toxins from the upper body and out of the body.
I set out to find an “all-natural” deodorant that worked. I’ve come across a few, but also learned that I could make my own, inexpensive all-natural deodorant and not “stink” at the end of the day. I’ve been using the highest quality of pure and therapeutic essential oils on the market for the last few years, so I already had the ingredients at my fingertips to try it (contact me to find out what my trusted essential oils brand at email@example.com . Our skin is our largest organ and it’s important to always be mindful of what we put on our bodies to be absorbed. I continue to be amazing on how well it works!
Try it for yourself!
What you need:
- 4 oz. glass jar-can use a larger jar and double the recipe once you know you love it!
- 2 Tbsp. organic coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. baking soda (aluminum-free)
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil
- 10 drops Melaleuca Tea tree essential oil
- Try other essential oils for different aromas, just be careful not to use an oil that can irritate your sensitive skin in the armpit area.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl until well blended
- Store in a glass jar
- To use: take a small amount on your index finger and gently apply and distribute a very thin layer to the armpit area
- Wash hands when you’re done
- Reapply if needed.
Let me know what you think! I would love to share what I’ve learned about essential oils with you!