Yummy and Easy No-bake Dessert
Raw Almond Coconut Cacao Nib Bites
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup raw almonds, divided
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted (I used 1/2-3/4 cup dried dates depending how sweet you like it)
- 3 tbsp almond milk (coconut milk or water)
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs ( or mini chocolate chips)
- In a food processor blend the coconut, ½ cup of the almonds, and salt into a fine meal.
- Add the dates and pulse for 30-45 seconds
- Add the nut milk; pulse until combined.
- Put the mixture to a small mixing bowl.
- Coarsely chop the almonds, then stir into the mixture, along with the cacao nibs.
- Make “bites” by using a teaspoon cookie scoop or your hands.
- Drop bites onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Freeze for 30 minutes then place to an air-tight container.
- Can keep in the refrigerator for a week or store in the freezer for several months
Yield: about 12-15 large bites, 22-24 small bites
Recipe adapted from http://www.ohladycakes.com/2013/01/raw-almond-coconut-cacao-nib-bites.html